Mashed Potatoes - Recipe
Start with your favorite mashed potato recipe and add garlic. There
are many ways of adding garlic to potatoes and you can use more than
one way in a single dish with tasty results.
- Our favourite garlic mashed potatoes are made with
our dried garlic powders. Cook and drain the potatoes
as usual. Add butter, milk or cream, salt, fresh ground
pepper, and one of our varietal garlic powders: German
Red Blend, Susan Delafield, Leningrad or Porcelain
Blend. For a comparison of different garlic powders
see the discussion of varietal garlic powders and granules.
- To give your mashed potatoes a visible garlic signature, sauté
some thin slices of garlic until they are golden and place them on top
of the potatoes. Giant cloves from Yugoslavian or Leningrad bulbs, with
a sprinkling of chopped parsley or fresh marjoram, give an eye-catching
decorative effect as well as a wonderful flavour hit.
Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Slices
- If you have some baked or roasted garlic on hand you can add some
to the mashed potatoes.
- For a garlicky taste with bite, add some crushed raw garlic at the
time of mashing. We particularly like fresh
Leningrad in our mashed potatoes.
- Serving garlic mashed potatoes with a pat of garlic butter on top
is decadently elegant.
- A couple of large cloves of Leningrad added to a pot of boiling potatoes
give a delicate flavour to the mashed potatoes.